Ahhhh football season, and it was perfect football weather this past weekend, ok mabye it was a bit cold at kick off, but still, it was sooo nice being able to walk around and not be drenched in sweat! I wanted to give a quick shoutout to Kelly T's mad cake skillz...her tailgate had a "Texas State Fair" theme in preparation for TX-OU weekend...the cake was complete with lights, midway, Big Tex and big ferris wheel...and noshies consisted of cotton candy, vodka snow cones (yum) and corn dogs. Elle had her first cotton candy experience, and was a little hesitant at first and then after her first bite all you heard after was "more", "more", "more" until it was finished off haha, someone send me pics of that so I can post them :) It was wonderful weekend full of the 4 F's, friends, food, football and fun. I have been very spoiled to be able to see alot of my out of state (and country) friends this year. It was so great seeing everyone, and I'm so glad they got to spend some time with us and of course our lady bug, Lil' Elle. It was also so much fun celebrating Em and Shawn's one month anniversary, and Shawn's first Longhorn game; we look forward to going to a Clemson game with them next year :) Shoutout to peeps (in no particular order) who have come in from Ireland, Chicago, Oregan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia and New York...holla! Oh and another shoutout to toddler boots...I mean seriously, does it get any cuter!!?? We had a wonderful weekend and are so blessed to be surrounded by so many awesome friends. Can't wait to roll into Dallas, see everyone and enjoy some time at the fair! Look out Fletcher's corn dogs, the Ehlerts are coming to town!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Texas vs. Colorado Weekend
Ahhhh football season, and it was perfect football weather this past weekend, ok mabye it was a bit cold at kick off, but still, it was sooo nice being able to walk around and not be drenched in sweat! I wanted to give a quick shoutout to Kelly T's mad cake skillz...her tailgate had a "Texas State Fair" theme in preparation for TX-OU weekend...the cake was complete with lights, midway, Big Tex and big ferris wheel...and noshies consisted of cotton candy, vodka snow cones (yum) and corn dogs. Elle had her first cotton candy experience, and was a little hesitant at first and then after her first bite all you heard after was "more", "more", "more" until it was finished off haha, someone send me pics of that so I can post them :) It was wonderful weekend full of the 4 F's, friends, food, football and fun. I have been very spoiled to be able to see alot of my out of state (and country) friends this year. It was so great seeing everyone, and I'm so glad they got to spend some time with us and of course our lady bug, Lil' Elle. It was also so much fun celebrating Em and Shawn's one month anniversary, and Shawn's first Longhorn game; we look forward to going to a Clemson game with them next year :) Shoutout to peeps (in no particular order) who have come in from Ireland, Chicago, Oregan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Georgia and New York...holla! Oh and another shoutout to toddler boots...I mean seriously, does it get any cuter!!?? We had a wonderful weekend and are so blessed to be surrounded by so many awesome friends. Can't wait to roll into Dallas, see everyone and enjoy some time at the fair! Look out Fletcher's corn dogs, the Ehlerts are coming to town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOVE those boots!!!!
I miss you guys! Em and Shawn look so great. And I'm glad I saw D in those pictures...or else I'd be wondering why Em was rocking a Texas Softball shirt. Robbie and I are DEFINITELY coming out to a game next year, so let's plan that with Em and Shawn. Good times. Oh ya- needless to say Elle is absolutely gorgeous and her ensemble is to die for. XOXO
Hey! I'm going to live vicariously through your Texas football blogging since I don't get tail gait for them anymore.
Post a Comment