Monday, April 6, 2009

8.5 Month Update

One day you'll walk into your baby's room and find that little person standing or sitting up, grinning at you. This was the case for Kris and I last week. It was such a big week for Miss Elle! She has kinda been trying to crawl for a while, but has really had no interest...I mean you can't blame the kid because everyone just wants to pick her up and squeeze her all the time (naturally). However, all of a sudden, out of no where she was crawling around, pulling up on everything, rolling and moving into a sitting position all on her own. Yes, she is much harder to contain now, but it's so much fun having my little girl get so excited and crawl to me when I walk in the door from work. I'm not quite sure how Augs feels about the whole crawling thing just yet...he will be trying to sleep and Elle will crawl over to him and start pulling on his fur, I think he had had enough last night when he got up and decided to go to the other room hahaha! In addition, she is babbling "Mama" and "Dada"...ok more so "Dada" then "Mama", but who's counting ;) She also decided last week that she is kinda over baby food, so she is eating waffles, pankackes, pasta, mac and cheese, steamed veggies and fruit (all cut up into small pieces of course). Augs does like it now that she is eating more solids...she loves dropping things from her highchair and watching him lick it up, so I think that helps him to cope with her crawling all over the place. It is just blowing my mind, so many changes in one week, it's absolutely amazing the milestones that are met in a baby's first year. We are having a blast and continue to feel so blessed that God gave us such an amazing and not to mention a hilarious child. More dance videos to be posted soon, I promise...:)

2 comments:

Rendi said...

Precious post. I can't wait to meet Elle in less than two weeks. I remember the morning Sanders greeted me standing! Treasured moments!

Kara said...

You're sweet baby is gonna be a toddler before ya know it! So awesome to keep up with all the progress...just let's me know what I'm gonna experience!