Thursday, July 23, 2009

About Elle's First Birthday

Elle's birthday was an absolute blast!!! We decided to throw a party together very very last minute so of course we were scrambling to find the necessities, ie the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. I had one when I was a kid and remember absolutely LOVING it (this was later confirmed by my parents) and we had talked about getting Elle one, but of course waited until the last minute. So I searched everywhere and finally found one left at one of the many Targets here...I mean I had my mind set on giving her this car on her birthday and it is the 30th Annual Edition! So the night before her birthday Kris and I put the babe to sleep and were getting things ready for the fiesta the next day and decided that it was time to put the Cozy Coupe together. An hour and a half and a couple of glasses of wine later and we were done! Let me tell you, I read the reviews and had heard it might be "a bit of a challenge" to put together...who knew it would take the 2 of us and a few power tools, hahaha! This is the reason why there are sooo many pics posted below of her in it, trust me they are deserved. It was really fun spending this time with Kris and made me very excited for all of the Christmas Eve nights we will be up assembling toys from Santa haha!

I took Elle's birthday off from work and was soo excited when she finally woke up, to serenading parentals of course...after a quick diaper change I couldn't even wait to dress her before giving her the Coupe, hence the nakey baby photos below. It was so awesome just to take our time, play, read her new birthday book from the Del Toro's, etc. before getting dressed and heading off to school. I dropped Elle off so she could play for a bit while I finished preparations for the fiesta...we had a Mexican feast that I have to say was delish...oh and the cake...I highly recommend Mad Cakes, YUM, I think between the cake and the Blue Bell Elle was quite pleased. Elle's birthday was perfect, we were surrounded by dear friends and family, just what we had wanted. Elle looked soo adorable in her polka dot outfit, the Augster wore a pink bandana, and even Lavern our love fern sported twinkle lights for the occasion. She got so many beautiful things and adored her new red tricycle from Mimi and Mac. It was a wonderful occasion and we are so thankful for our friends and family who helped us celebrate our Elle Lee. I still can't believe our little Lady Bug is 1! What an awesome awesome year!

No comments: